THINGS Stockholm’s Executive Summit is a first time gathering of our Enterprise Circle corporate partners and startup members and friends at our co-working space which is located on the KTH campus. 33 corporates and 15 startups participated on a half day knowledge and experience exchange consisting of: 1. Collaborative case studies between corporates and startups. 2. 10x 5 minutes speed pitches from THINGS members’ and friends’ startups and 3. Insights and talks from corporates and corporate ventures. Our common interest is a commitment to innovation and technologies, which are defining the future.
Collaborations between startups and corporates make perfect sense.
A study by Ignite Sweden of 600 business meetings showed that the top 2 priorities when collaborating are, for corporations: 1. Explore new technologies. 2. Access to entrepreneurial talent and energy and for startups: 1. Developing strategic partnerships. 2. Accessing markets/ developing channels.
“Collaborations are critically powerful” (Enterprise Circle corporate partner)
Frank and insightful discussion ensued with world class collaborative case studies presented to a 60+ strong engaged audience.
- Ekkono x Alfa Laval (Jon Lindén, CEO Ekkono & Jan Ackalin, Head of Automation, Alfa Laval.
- Springworks x Telia Company (Thomas Ericson, Deputy CEO, Springworks & Jens-Peter Meesenburg, Director of Industry verticals, Global M2M/ IoT, Division X Telia Company).
- Imagimob x Autoliv (Anders Hardebring, CEO Imagimob).
- MTEK x Nokia (Mattias Andersson, CEO, MTEK & Grant Marshall, VP Supply Networks & Engineering/ Global Operations, Nokia).
- H&D Wireless x Scania (Pär Bergsten, CEO ,H&D Wireless).
A central theme was the importance of trust and passion in order to jointly exploit the huge opportunities for innovation and how to balance the challenges of aligning two different cultures. This was underscored by Ulf Södergren, CTO, Assa Abloy, where he shared his serious commitment to startup collaborations in designing and implementing a rigorous collaboration strategy and process.
10x 5 min speed pitches by THINGS members and friends startups were peppered throughout the half day executive summit which was rounded up by Malin Carlström, Sr VP Northern Europe, ABB Technology Venture and Magnus Lundin, Head of Nordics and Baltics, Siemens next47. The corporate venture giants reinforced the importance and need for disruption and innovation. We can’t agree more.